Friday, June 13, 2008

Day 3-- What a great Day..

Was up early again, and got a call from Leah, as we thought it would be great to come in a bit earlier and she could park near the apartments. Justine and I went for a walk to the Supermarket to get some stuff( which we didn't really end up using).Went back to the apartment and I tidied up while Justine walked down to the Musuem at SOUTHBANK to take photos of the dinosaurs for Josh.She is one very good mummy for doing that.Justine got back just before Leah arrived at 10am.If you are reading this Leah, you are one beautiful, outgoing, funloving girl, and it was wonderful to meet you and get to know you a bit before the other girls arrived.Thank you also leah for the book you gave me.I have looked through it a few times already for inspiration.

Was getting worried about Melanie and Maree as they should have arrived by now, and it was getting very close to 11 am, when we were to meet all the other Scrap-pile girls at the Pineapple Hotel.I think it was just on 11 when melanie said they would be there very soon, so I went up to meet them at the front driveway.

What a buzz it was to see both Mel and Maree face to face and hear their voices.It was like we had known each other for ages, and no nerves etc at all.We quickly got the girls stuff to the room and then headed down to the Hotel for a date with Tammy, Jaki, Fiona,Kristy, and a few mintues later, Karen and Donna.There were 11 of us in total as well as Jaki's little guy .He was an absolute ANGEL that day.

I cannot explain just how terrific it was to meet all these gorgeous girls from off the Scrap-pile forum, who I have been chatting with and working with since Justine bought the store back in April last year.Everyone was exactly the same as they are in the forum, and I really enjoyed the time we spent together celebrating my BIRTHDAY.They even organised a little cheesy Birthday cake for me.Now that was embarrassing, having everyone looking at me while they were singing to me.I think the whole lunch crowd was there to witness....LOL.

Would have really loved the chance to spend some more time with Tammy, Jaki , Kristy and Karen to get to know them a bit more, but was very grateful for the time we had.THANK YOU GIRLS for taking the time and spending the money to come celebrate with me on that weekend.I LOVED BEING WITH YOU.
Deb made me this very yummy , divine paper bag album which was full of handmade cards from most of the girls at Scrap-pile.She had made pockets to place them in and also glued them down onto pages.I loved the idea , as well as the thought and meaning behind it.Thanks Deb and girls for giving me something that I can always look back on.Missed you there Deb.Would have liked to meet you too.

Here are my photos from our lunch.



4 comments:

  1. Ummmmmmmmmm - lovey - bottom photo there - are you sure you and Jaki aren't related????? LOL

    What awesome memories! What an incredible weekend.... One I'll never forget!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mel, you can call me sis anytime :)

    Love your photos, love the memories and next year we will make sure we get together for longer than just a lunch ok!
    J.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a really fun time in Brissie Mel! I am soooo jealous!

    Thanks for visiting my blog! Mum is such a blabber mouth!!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, you sweet thing, Mel! Thanks for the lovely comments!! You are one adorable person yourself! I had the best weekend in a looooong time! Thanks for all the laughs!!

    I loved reading through all your memories, some of which I'd rather not relive.... I usually have more concentration driving without 2 young hooligans in the car!!! hehehe... lots of fun had by all though, hey!

    Can't wait for our next get-together!

    Hugs,
    Leah xoxo

    ReplyDelete