Monday, May 4, 2009

Boy oh boy it has been awhile

I can't believe it has been nearly 3 weeks since I posted last.Where has that time gone.I have been so busy with life in general, that it has flew.First there was the Easter School holidays, then Helen and I flew to Brisbane for 4 days on the 23rd April.That was THE best weekend.Getting to meet some truly lovely girls from off the Scrap-Pile forum, like Sally( who I hadn't met before..sorry I didn't get to spend more time with you Sally..next time..and there will surely be a next time), Linda and Leone...all terrific ladies.Caught up with Kristy, Jaki, Fiona, Leah( who was so gorgeous to put me up for the 3 nights...loved my time with you and your lovely family), as well as meeting Shan again and Kerryn for the first time.It was a BIG WEEKEND hey Helen???? One I won't ever forget....BUT....You will be shocked cause I didn't take many photos...OMG, you all say.Yep, I was so swept up in all the things we were seeing and doing, that I completely forgot. I do have a couple to share though from my Lunch date with Leah, Leone and Jaki on the Friday at the COFFEE CLUB, near IKEA.


And , who are these two goodlooking gals...hehe...not a bad photo, hey Jaki?

I also took some photos of Leahs little cutie pies, one which was very hard to catch without the photo being blurry...but boy is she a cutie patootie.

And now onto the long weekend for us Qld'ers just past.We took off for O'Briens creek camping ground( which is only 3klm away from a GEM FIELD, on friday afternoon as soon as I finished work.We arrived about an hour before dark and got all the campsite set up before night set in.That night was quite cold...brrr.Here is a piccie of our campsite

Saturday, our friends arrived very early,7:30am actually...boy they must have got up early cause it is a 3 hour drive from home.That day saw us go digging for Topaz, and swimming in the beautiful creek that was running clear and cool.



Not a lot of TOPAZ was found, probably about 10 stones...all clear, no blues again.Next time I will find one...I am sure.
Had a very long day today, as Steven woke up this morning at 4am vomitting, so I haven't had a lot of sleep, and he still isn't feeling well,so for the second week in a row, I think I am going to have to call in sick...eeekk.I am feeling guilty about having to do that,Wish me luck

4 comments:

  1. It was fab catching up with you again Mel.

    Loving your pics of O'Briens Creek - looks like a fantastic spot to get away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Melissa,

    Hope Stephen feels better soon.
    Glad you had some lovely weekends.
    Oh I might also know where one of our little time thiefs are.

    Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mel, we had such a fantastic time that weekend, didn't we!! Can't wait to do it all over again in July!!! Wahoo!!! Bring it on!!

    Looks like you had a fabo time camping on the weekend too! Will definitely have to check it out when we get up there as a family :) There's always next time for finding a blue!!

    Take care,
    Leah xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous photos of your camping spot Mel.
    You've been here, there & everywhere lately, LOL.
    Hope Steven is feeling much better.

    ReplyDelete