It is all done after such a long , long wait, but I can finally go into my scrap room and sigh with appreciation at how lovely, tidy and organised it all is now.
There is a bit of a story behind these shelves getting to their destination.Firstly, I went to Brisbane back in April with Helen.I was definite that I was purchasing a set of shelves while I was down there, so Leah was a darling and took me there.I must say , I was blown away by the sheer size of the IKEA store...holy moly.It was huge and the whole design and the way they set out their products is fantastic...( not to mention their choccy mousse...mmmm rubbing my tummy).LOL.
After meeting Leone and Jaki while we were walking around, we went down to the market part of the store to pick out the shelf boxes.Well, they were sooo heavy, that it took Jaki, myself, Leone and a lovely man to help us get it on the trolley, while Leah held the trolley still.Got through checkout and lugged it into the car( thank goodness Leah's two kiddies weren't in there, or they would have had kinked necks.
Anyhow, Leah kindly allowed me to leave the boxes at her place till my courier( who lives up the road from me) would come to pick them up.After a phone call to said pick up guy, he said he would be there on the following Tuesday afternoon to pick the boxes up.Did he pick up....NO.He forgot.So I went and saw him and gave him all Leahs and my details about pick up and delivery, and he didn't get down till 2 weeks later.He picked up from Leahs at about 8pm last Monday night..I couldn't believe he ahd finally picked them up...woohoo..Thought they would be here by Thursday, but no truck, Friday...no truck, Saturday...truck back , but no man.So finally on Sunday, I go up to his place, and we got them.I asked him how much and he said ," That will be $500-00 since it is a weekend delivery." I said, " You have got to be kidding me right?" He looked at me all serious like, and then he smirked and said," Nah, $50 will do mate.I tell you I near fainted when he said $500.Anyhow, we have put them together, one side panel is a bit damaged( pushed in and cracked), but can be covered.So here is my new scrap room...BOY OH BOY ..that has been a long story..THANKS TO ALL WHO HELPED ME IN JOURNEY TO GETTING MY GORGEOUS IKEA SHELVES.My heart is very happy now.
Before

AFTER

Also I have scrapped a LO since my last post nearly 2 weeks ago, as well as nearly finished another one .So will share the one that I have done.It is a photo of Steven when he was a little baby.He used to scream whenever anyone else bar me would hold/cuddle him.He was and still is very much a MUMMY's boy....and I love him for that.
I have the day off tomorrow and then another 2 days off, so I don't have to go back to work until Friday....woohoo.Gotta love that, although one little chickie has to be very good and get studying and doing her assessment.I have 3 weeks till it is due..I can do that
gorgeous page mel and i love the title. the shelves look awesome, so worth the wait hey!!
ReplyDeleteWow Mel! the shelves are a perfect fit aren't they!! Your space looks great, so happy you have it the way you want it now :)
ReplyDeleteLove your LO too, I've been eyeing that range, it is so nice...shame I have both kids baby photos all scrapped. lol!!
Oh WOW it looks fantastic Mel. And I love the new Layout!!!!! Well done!
ReplyDeleteOh the shelves look fantastic! Can't believe what a difference it makes to your whole room. I still walk into my little study and I'm in bliss with my set (and I've had mine since September 2007!). They are without a doubt the best piece of furniture I have bought. Just don't forget my little trick of stasing stuff behind things - you can hide all sorts of extra supplies and no one will know how much of a stash you really have.
ReplyDeleteLove those shelves Mel your space looks great!
ReplyDeleteI am so happy to see you have some shelves in your scrap room, glad you didnt have to pay $500 for delivery.
ReplyDeleteLooks fab Mel...How priceless is that pic....adorable:)x
ReplyDeleteThe shelves look Great :)love the pp on the LO.
ReplyDeleteWow the shelves look wonderful Mel...so glad you have got them at last! :)
ReplyDeleteOh WOW Mel. Your scrap space looks awesome hun.
ReplyDeleteHappy creating :)