Thursday, March 12, 2009

Loving Crate Paper

For some unexplainable reason, I am in serious cardmaking mode...shock.I know, I have never been this way before.Not to this extent anyhow.So If I haven't been in the Scrap-pile forum or posting on here much...now you know why.There is smoke coming off these hands of mine.I wanted to use up some paper in my stash, and my hands fell upon the scrummy CRATE PAPER.I love the feel of these papers and the designs.I find it very hard to do male themed cards, but with these papers...it was easy.

This first set of six I have been working on are from the STATIC range of crate paper. I also decorated the inside to compliment with the outside.
This is the inside of the one above.I brought through the rubons I used on the front through to the inside.






Then today, I spent scrapping photos of My Mum and Dads wedding.Mum gave me these two precious photos a couple of years ago.Again , I used older paper..this time BASIC GREY.I also used the new bazzill swiss dots cardstock.

Here is a funny , but extremely cute photo of Steve with my new hat on and some clip on earrings.Boy is he going to regret this in the years to come...LOL
Ain't he just the cutest...love ya Stevo...xxoo

I have thoroughly enjoyed getting stuck into some scrapping and cardmaking over the past couple of weeks. Till the next installment of cards, take care and have a lovely weekend.

9 comments:

  1. Hi Melissa, thanks for the visit to my card blog - I am loving your cards here - those Crate Paper cards rock and your Prima cards are devine - WTG and keep up the card making... LOL love that photo of Steve with the hat and ear rings - a perfect photo for the 21st party hey! Hope you scrap that one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mel,
    Your cards Rock! Great masculine theme - submit I tell ya!
    I love the photo of Rosemary looking in the mirror ... just precious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to Go Mel!!
    Love your masculine cards, they are harder to do but you have nailed them with those papers.

    The wedding LOs are gorgeous, what precious photos to have and you have more than done them justice.

    And Stevo...what can I say, just too cute!
    although I'm sure boys that age wouldn't like being called cute. lol!
    I can really see you in your little man :)
    J.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You go Mel!!!!
    How cool are these cards. I love those rubons so much, I'm going to have to get some.
    The wedding photos are precious & you've done them real justice.
    Steven, you are too adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cards are so great, I love them, you really are clever to be able to whip up boy style cards. I am happy to see your cards and I love the blue hat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well what can I say - they have said it all!!!! The cards are fab - personally I have more trouble doing girly cards, but have had good feedback from the card I did for Jennifers birthday.
    As for the layouts of my wedding - they are really beautiful - god was I ever that young!!! Stevo - watch out for the 21st (or probably 18th) birthday party piece.
    Love Mum.

    ReplyDelete
  7. great guy cards mel. love the embellies on them. the look awsome. the pages are gorgeous and a real special thing to scrap about. love the distressing with the paper.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the guy cards...perfect rub-ons for those. Yep, great photo of Steve to come out at his 21st I think. Glad you're enjoying your card making so much....so much easier and less stress than scrapping I find.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL - Yep, he'll regret that photo one day. But for now it looks like great scrapping material to me! :)

    ReplyDelete