On Friday , just after lunch, my Nephew Josh( not Justines little boy) went out to his garage to back his car out to wash it.He thought his daughter and 2 year old son Xavier were inside where he told them to stay while he backed his car out.The next thing he felt a bump and his daughter screaming.You have run over Xavier.
Due to them living about 30-40 minutes out of Atherton in the bush, medical help didn't come instantly.Helicopter was called and came to pick up Xavier, but before the chopper took off, he had a heart attack.Josh was to go in the chopper to Cairns with him, but due to the seriousness of his heart attack and head injuries, they needed the medical staff in the helicopter with him.
Poor Josh had to drive himself to Cairns to be with his darling son, but unfortunately he only got to Mareeba( about 40 minutes away from Cairns), when he got the call, that Xavier had passed away.His heart attack was too much.
I only found out about Xavier when Alan came around 4pm on Friday afternoon.His sister( josh's Mum) rang him to let us know .I have never seen Alan so very traumatised before.I rang Ann his sister and spoke to her, and made plans for the next day.I rang my other sister -in -law who was on holiday in Melbourne, but would not be back till Sunday.It was so hard to tell her, when she was so far away from it all.
It has been an emotional roller coaster the past couple of days.Josh is doing as good as he can.It will take a long time to find his feet again, and get past the horrible guilt.Everyone has been rallying around him and his little daughter...so praying it will help them over the coming months.
Xavier had just turned two last December.He loved playing with his cars, riding his plastic four-wheeled car and wearing different coloured shoes. Xavier and his Dad were like soul mates.They were so close and Josh is a wonderful, caring father.One of the best I know.Xavier was such a bright little button who will be terribly missed on this earth, by all the families involved.He touched our hearts and will never , ever leave.You will now be our angel watching over us.
Here is our beautiful Angel.Big kisses Xavier...xxoo




Hugs Mel!!
ReplyDeleteIt is a terrible loss for your family to bear and his poor Dad, my heart goes out to him.
J.xx
Oh Mel,
ReplyDeletemy heart goes out to you & your family ...
I am so sorry to hear of your loss
please know that you are all in our hearts
Leonie & family x
Oh Mel, Such a terrible accident. Hugs to you all. Mwah!
ReplyDeleteMel, sending you Alan & the boys, love & prayers. What a gorgeous little boy with a beautiful name Xavier. Josh must know in time, that God took his little too badly hurt baby into Heaven Mel, a truly awful accident, but the spirit in those eyes, it will always live on. xoxoxoxoxo
ReplyDeleteOh Mel, I feel sick just thinking about the horror Josh must be going through. I will pray for Josh and your entire family. *hugs*
ReplyDeleteThe loss of one's child is unfathomable...the time ahead will be very very difficult. Stay close Mel, support them as much as you can. Sending lots of warm strength your way. Praying for you all x
ReplyDeleteOh Mel! :-( So sorry to hear about this terrible accident. My thoughts are with you and all your family xxx
ReplyDeleteI was, and still am, lost for words when Alan told me the terrible news this morning. I can't begin to imagine what everyone is going through. We are thinking of you all.
ReplyDeleteOur deepest sympathies on the loss of such a sweet, precious little boy.
ReplyDeleteMy heart breaks for Josh, it would be every parent's worse nightmare to be going through what he is at this moment.
Take care & please know you are all in my thoughts & heart.
Sending huge hugs and thoughts in such a traumatic time. xoxo
ReplyDeleteMel I don't know what to say as it's impossible to imagine such a devastating loss, my heart breaks for you all, and I just want to send you all the hugs I have. xox
ReplyDeleteMy heart aches for you and your family. This is so sad. I will keep you in thoughts and prayers. :(
ReplyDelete