Monday, November 3, 2008

I am feeling much better

Thanks to all of you that left lovely , supportive comments in my last post.I think it was my lowest point and a lot of tears flowed, but maybe needed to flow, to begin to feel better.It really helped me to know you all cared.

I have made a decision about work, and am going to go and talk with the Principal, as I only spoke to the Deputy the other day.Also, depending on what happens there, I am going to go back and finish my Cert 3 in Teacher Aide.I still need to talk with Centrelink, but hopefully all will work out for the best.

Had an interesting weekend with the neighbours, but decided to stand up for myself and go over and have my say.In short, things seem to be OK now, although there has been lots of yelling and swearing over there today.I so worry for their two kids.

I am struggling with this new cast, as my foot has been placed at an odd angle so that the bones are placed together to heal.So am still using both crutches.Hope to get a cast shoe this week. Here is a piccy of my pretty PINK cast.

I haven't been doing too much scrapping the past few days,except for a baby album for a work friend, although I can now show you my first DT LO for November, and my example for my manufacturers challenge at Scrap-pile this week.I post my challenge the first week of every month, so if you haven't joined in yet, come along and give it a go.


Just had to show you what I made yesterday for the very first time, a Carrot and Walnut cake from scratch.It is a recipe of my Mums that I have always been too scared to try.But it turned out beautifully and tastes even better.It also has the delicious Cream Cheese Frosting.Are you drooling yet? LOL


Hope you all have a really nice first week of November. Melbourne Cup day tomorrow and I will get to see the race for the first time in 3 years.I love to watch it.
Until next time, take care.

4 comments:

  1. Good to hear that you are feeling better and have been able to make some decisions regarding work, etc.
    Love your layouts, especially the Believe one.

    My allergy to walnuts stops the cake drool here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so great to talk to you yesterday I still can not believe I forgot the time difference lol, that's a great idea about studying we will both be students next year, the cake looks very yum, have a great day today :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmm, am drooling at that cake mel.... am a cream cheese freak. the pages look awsome, love them both. i was going to join in ur challenge this week but i needed a bit of a break from kaiser product for a few days :)
    am glad ur feeling better

    ReplyDelete
  4. YOur work is beautiful Melissa! and thanks so much for your sweet comments at my blog....I'd love to see your layout with the distressing when you're done!.....hmmm, and that cake looks Yummy!!

    ReplyDelete