I had a really good weekend.I scrapped quite a bit in between tidying up , as much as I can, and having my little nephew Joshua over to stay on the Sturday night.Heloves to come and stay as he is an only child, and we don't get to see much of each other when school is on.He is such a little chatterbox, really is an old soul in a little body I think.
I am starting to feel loads better and can honestly say, that my foot only twinges every now and then now, which is fantastic.Only 16 days till I get the cast off and I will be free again.
It has been so unbearably hot the past week, that all I want to do is have a cool shower, but the thought of going through all the crap to get there just puts me off.Roll on 16 days I say....LOL.Can't come quick enough.
OK onto my LO's I did over the past few days.The first one is a DT LO using Scenic Route Christmas paper from last year called Roxbury.I just loved working with this paper.It is a photo( has a little red eye in it) of my boys over 2 years ago at their Auntie's home.They always eye off their cousin Camerons Guitars.Well this day, he let them hold it and have a bit of a play, so they were very excited.
The second one , I wanted to try a technique that a very talented lady called Gabrielle uses .She doe s alot of tearing and distressing.I adore her work and she really inspired me to give it a try.Thanks Gabrielle , you are truly an amazingly talented lady.
I just love the new products that Prima is making these days, and even better , that you can use so much of their packaging as I did here beneath my photo and as a journalling card.Thanks for visiting and I love to read your comments.Take care and I wish you a very happy, healthy and scrappy week.
Hugs, Mel x




gorgeous pages mel. ive got the paper in the 2nd one and dont know what to do with it. ur flowers are placed perfectly and that distressing is gorgeous. i would love to know how to do that. awsome layouts :)
ReplyDeleteGosh I bet you are counting your days for your cast to come off. Is it getting hot and itchy, not the best time of the year to have a cast on.
ReplyDeleteI love both your L/O,s, they have lots of beautiful colour and texture.
Beautiful layouts Mel. :)
ReplyDeleteI love cool showers on hot days, so I know how annoying it must be for you not to be able to have one. Hoping that all goes smoothly and your cast is off soon.
*hugs* Cass
Mel!!! You did an excellent job with the paper distressing and tearing!! You are a fast learner my friend!! and thanks for you sweet comments about my work too! .....I love the way you used the Prima packaging on your l/o!! ....A little while ago they actually had a contest going to see what ideas people could come up with using their packaging!! I bet they would love to see what you've done here, you should offer it for their gallery! (just remember to upload to their gallery you need the 6 digit bar code on the items you used (it's the last 6 digits on the barcode at the back of the packaging)....Loved seeing your newest pages!!
ReplyDelete~Gabi xx
Gorgeous Mel. I especially love the "Love Struck" one! Your mojo is really letting loose this week!!! Lovin' your work!
ReplyDeleteYour foot might be broken mel but there's nothing that needs fixing with your mojo girl!!!
ReplyDeleteStunning LOs, both of them. I love how you've used the Prima packaging, so clever.
Hope the next 16 days zoom by fast :)