Thursday, November 27, 2008

Cast is off at long last



Well after 6 long weeks, I finally got my leg /foot cast off yesterday.Saw the specialist and then went and got it off, then had to have another X-ray done to see how it was going.He actually met me in the corridor coming back from X-ray, and when he held it up, I saw a crack still there, and started to feel down again, as I thought I would have to get another cast on.He told me to go back to the waiting room until he called me.When I sat down with him again, he said I won't need a cast on again, but I have to keep using one crutch, and take it very carefully getting around.Because of the place I did it, he said it takes a long time to heal.So could be another 6-8 weeks before I can go dancing/running/exercising etc......I am just so very relieved to have it off.Such a weight lifted off not only my leg, but my mind as well.I felt like it was dragging me down.



Very strange feeling when you go to walk on it again after such a long time.All the muscles , that you don't realise you use, were all weak and tender.My heel felt numb, and shot like lightning bolts up my leg each time I walked.My calf muscles were spasming...Hope to never have to go through that experience again.




Ahhhh that feels better....LOL I actually had a student write on it the other day...only one .He wrote" YOU ARE THE BEST", that meant a lot coming from this boy as he is a bit of a rebel.


Well, I don't know whether you really want to see this, but Jaki and Jewls asked to see it.....MY HAIRY YAK LEG......It took a lot to shave this all off I can tell you

Oh , and I just drove my car for the first time in six weeks......HOW FANTASTIC and independent I felt....yippeeeeee.

Thanks for all your love and support over the past 6 weeks, couldn't have gotten through it all without all your friendship...

xxooMel



6 comments:

  1. Awwww, Mel, it must have been a great moment to finally get the cast off! Thank goodness you don't have to get another one. Take it easy, hey!

    Love all the creating you did while you were off your feet too BTW :) Sorry it's taken me so long to get to your blog...

    Lots of love,
    your "other" sis...

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS Love the hairy yak leg :) Must have felt great to shave it all off!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ROFL!!!! Love the photo Mel :)

    And so happy for you that it is finally off...now promise that you will take it easy and be very gentle with that foot, it would be so easy to overdo it with the 'silly season' fast approaching!!

    Hugs Mel :)
    J.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL at the leg photo! Can't wait to see that one scrapped! :)

    Take it easy on your foot. No more tennis! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. must be so liberating to be able to drive again mel. now, NO MORE EXERCISE!!!!

    ReplyDelete