Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Scrapping away my Holidays

Just wanted to share a few LO's that I have done in the past few days.It is so nice to have the time to sit and think, and take sometime to scrap instead of rushing it.I have really been cherishing the last few days.The boys and I have been sleeping in and snuggling together every morning....so nice and I reckon they like it too, cause they keep coming back, like a bad smell...LOL.

The first one is a DT LO,



This is my second DT LO, trying my hand at Monochromatic.It was scary,as I had never tried one before.I really like how it has turned out though.Might have to do another soon.



Then this one is using a piece of CS that I made into a piece of patterned paper using paint, and bubble wrap.While we were away last week at the beach, I got the perfect photo of my little man.He is growing up before my eyes.


While I was away, I was awarded an I LOVE YOUR BLOG AWARD, by 3 gorgeous ladies Julie Schmitt, Ros Madley, and the lovely Chloe Schmitt.

I am apparently supposed to pass this award onto 7 of my favourite blogs, but I don't think I have that many that haven't received an award already, but here goes

1. Is my Mum, who has always been there for me and supports and encourages me in everything I do.She has been a wonderful Mum, and is now a much loved Grandma too.Love you heaps Mum.Not to mention, that if it wasn't for her, I wouldn't be scrapping.xxoo


2.Is good friend Melanie Baldry Whom I got to know when she became DT at Scrap-pile last year.We met in June this year, and have been firm friends ever since.She is passionate about scrapping and cardmaking and I can't wait till November, when she comes up here to visit--hugs Mel.xxxooo


3.This woman is amazing in many ways, Maree Redmond, is one of the most talented,strong, loving,funniest women I have ever had the pleasure of meeting.I cannot wait to spend time with you again.We had a blast in June.Thank you for your love and support over the past 18 months.It has been unwaivering.God I am getting mushy.Hugs xo


4. Is the lovely Cass King whom I have had the pleasure to get to know due to Justine purchasing Scrap-pile from her last year.She has been so kind to both of us and nothing was ever a problem.She is the loveliest lady and I would love to meet you one day.xxoo


5. What a terrific, talented lady is Shann, who was in SP 's DT last year.We became friendly but lost touch when she left last October.In june this year, at the Brisbane Scrapbook Convention, we touched base again.She has been huge inspiration to me with scrapbooking.Would love to meet up again in the near future Shann. xxoo


6. My friend Tammy James has also been a massive inspiration to me over the past 12-18 months.Working alongside her when she was DT in SP was fantastic...always passionate about what she did, is an amazingly talented scrapper and designer, and now friend.I wish you only the best life can bring you Tammy. I think I have drawn more inspiration from you than even I realised Tammy.xxoo

7. IS my fellow friend and night owl Jaki, I love dropping in and reading her blog.We became friends online through the forum at Scrap-pile, and you are just the easiest person to talk with .It was wonderful to have the chance to meet you in June this year, and I look forward to next year, when hopefully we will have more time to get to know each other face to face.I am really happy to have your friendship.

8.Leah Mayes,a truly gorgeous girl...like a sister to me.Love your blog Sweetie.We have similar tastes and laugh at the same things.We had such fun when Justine and I came down to Brissy in June.I don't think I have laughed so much Leah.You are such a special lady, kind and caring Mum,you inspire me not only with your paper crafting, but also your zest for life.You grab it in both hands and make the most out of every minute.I love that.Can't wait to see you again soon.Hugs....Mel


And lastly, is my best buddy Jewls, I have to give it back to you, cause I love you and your blog.You are so creative and I love all that you put your hand to.I have learnt so much from you the past few months since you became our resident DT cardmaker.You make me laugh so much,and I soo look forward to the day we can meet in person and just sit and yak and laugh in each others company.That will be the bestest day.Hugs Fruity



The rules for the award are;


(1) The winner can put the logo on their blog.


(2) Link the person you received your award from.


(3) Nominate at least 7 other blogs.


(4) Put links of those on yours.


(5) Leave a message on the blogs of the girls or boys you’ve nominated.



It was lovely to come home and find your award to me girls, and such lovely comments on your blogs.It made my day.Hugs to the three of you talented ladies.Proud to call you friends.

5 comments:

  1. Oh Mel, thank you!!!!
    What totally sweet things to say, you are such a good, kind friend.
    You've been using your holidays to great advantage....these LOs are simply stunning :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Mel,
    Thanks you so much sweetie, I really just feel like a tired old hag right now, your words have bought tears to my eyes. Thanks for reminding me of what I can be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. mel, oh Thank you xxxooo

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh mel, the los are looking v.cool. am loving them all. u look like u had an awsome time away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some great LOs there girlie...........great work:)

    ReplyDelete