On Wednesday, I had the pleasure of meeting a great lady, who lives about 2 hours drive north of me.I had met her briefly at the Brisbane Scrap Convention last year with Shan.I must admit I was a tad nervous, reason I know this, cause I had to go to the toilet numerous times on the 2 hour drive down there.I get there, and don't know why I was nervous, cause she is a top chick.
William and Steven came with me and were quite excited.Helen has two older boys, aged 12 and 16(?) who were such a laugh, especially Jake with his voice changes.I must say though, there are many cages with a few different pythons inside...Olive , Black -headed, and Childrens Pythons.Seeing them and touching them, actually helped us to realise how beautiful they really are.....not the Venomous ones though.
The boys got comfy and played on the Wii( now they want one), while Helen and I went to her scrap room( which looks awesome BTW).I really enjoyed just sitting , chatting and getting to know one another better.We had a play on the cuttlebug, and I sort of started to make a card.
Time went by wayyyy to quickly, and before I knew it, it was time to pack up and head home.Before we left, we got a photo of the boys holding Jakes baby, his Black headed Python.As Helen said, William looked like he was packing it...LOL.Steven loved it and said he can't wait to see the snakes again.
And also got Jake to take a photo of Helen and I before I left.

Thanks Helen for a terrific day, and I look forward to many more days like that one in the future.




So nice that you had a wonderful day and the photo of the kids with the snake is awesome.
ReplyDeleteWow, awesome pic of the snake and the boys Mel!! I bet you're dying to scrap that one. Sounds like you had a fantastic day together!! Great pic of the 2 of you too!
ReplyDeleteOMG, that's one huge snake!! And she has it in the house? Yikes!!!!! Love the look on Stephen's face, I think I'd be packing it too!
ReplyDeleteYou 2 look as if you've been buddies forever. Lovely pic of the 2 of you together.
I would have loved to have been at that little get together. Glad you had such a great time. Personally I would have been happy to look at the snakes from about 10 foot away, LOL.
ReplyDeleteSorry i havent be blog hopping for a few days and missed this didnt i????
ReplyDeleteIt was a fantastic day.....and yep i was nervous too and couldnt sleep the night before:)
The day went way too fast
We must do it again as it was so lovely to sit and chat
Your a lovely chickie Mel and im glad you are one of my new friends.......although it does feel like ive known you for yonks!!!!
Great pic of the boys........poor william does look nervous!!!!!!!