Sunday, October 4, 2009

Some cards to celebrate World Cardmaking Day

Happy World Cardmaking day girls.
Hope you all celebrated with making lots of cards.I made a start on my Christmas cards this weekend as I am sure a lot of you did.Firstly, Gills challenge at Scrap-Pile which was to create a card with only using a stamp( no colouring) and only one embellishment.Boy was this hard for me, as you know from all my previous cards.I love to pretty up and do lots of layers.Anyhow, here is my card.

This next card was for Belinda's Challenge in Scrap-pile .You had to use something OLD, something NEW , something BORROWED and "For You" on the front.
Then I visited Liz at ScrapBoutique.This lady is sooo talented and such an inspiration.I loved her sketch challenge, so here is my take on it. I used last years My Minds Eye paper which I found while in Brissie last April.

Then I found Manon's challenge which was so different from anything I had made before.Used up the scraps of my My Minds Eye paper, along with lots of other bits and pieces i found here and there.I have made this for someone very special this Christmas.



Last week I could finally sit at my scrap desk for longer than a few minutes, so I got to creating more LO's for the boys albums.I have been saving my October Afternoon 8x8 paper pad for ages, but decided to cut into my Ducks in a Row pad.I also had the 12x12 die cuts, and so loved these,using nearly the whole page..hehe.These are photos of William at about a month old.I can't believe he will be 11 next year.



And lastly, I got my hair cut last week, as it was quite long, well below my shoulders, but I was just in need of a change after the last 3-4 months.I really , really loved my new do.The length is great and all my curl has come out again.This isn't the best photo, but you can also see how much weight I have lost since being sick...15 kilos in total so far.I plan on continuing the weight loss, till I am back in a size 12-14 again.Nearly into a 16.

It will be 3 weeks ago tomorrow since I had my Operation, and I am slowly healing and getting my energy back.It is slow going however on getting the energy back .I am taking another week off work and feel that by next weekend, I should be ready to go back to work at long last.
Well, I hope you have all had a relaxed and creative weekend.Stay Safe...Melxx

10 comments:

  1. Wow you have been busy Mel!! Love your cards, love the tags.....and I love your hair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been busy this weekend and I love all your cards and pages. Good to hear that you are feeling a little better and I like your new haircut looks great.
    Keep well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh i love those baby layouts mel!!! how the years go past so quickly!! your new hair cut looks so healthy and vibrant, bet you felt a million bucks after having it done. xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. {{hugs}} Melissa, glad you are feeling better and back into creating. I have loved seeing your cards, thanks for doing some of my challenges. Love both your cards and layouts here - keep up the great work and I LOVE the new do - I really MUST do that myself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Mel, you have lost heaps of weight & your new do is beautiful.
    The baby LOS are so, so sweet & I love your cards. You did a great job with Gill's challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. love ur cards mel and those pages are gorgeous. im glad ur getting better and i have to say ur looking gorgeous too. way to go :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! you had a busy weekend Mel!!
    Love your cards and LOs, and LOVE your haircut!
    You look great and I am so glad to hear that you are starting to feel great again too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look gorgeous, Mel!! Love the new hair cut! OMG you are looking good, and I'm sure your energy will return in it's own time! Take it easy, sis! PS Your cards and layouts are stunning (as always!!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love you layouts Mel, they are just too cute! Your cards are just stunning as well.

    You are looking fantastic. Love the new haircut.
    Would love to see you again in person.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mel!! Loving the new hairstyle, bet it feels fabulous too and much cooler with summer coming. It's SO good to see you creating again, your cards are amazing. I especially love the tag one :) And your bubba layouts are too cute!

    Love the new look blog too, nice and bright :)

    ReplyDelete