In honour of my darling Dad, who passed away of Bowel cancer at 39 years old back in 1981, I am finally participating in RELAY FOR LIFE to help raise money for research and help people in the here and now fight this dreadful disease.
I would love to raise as much as I can personally as well as with my team, called the Mighty Malanda Marvels.We walk on the 7th November, which I am really looking forward to.I have been wanting to do this for a long time, but it has always been in Cairns.
I appreciate any donation, no matter how big or small.It all helps in the long run.We never know when cancer will touch our own lives, so please find it in your heart to give and help me help Qld Cancer Council.
Please click on the link below which will take you directly to my fund raising page
RELAY FOR LIFE
I would love to know if cancer has already touched a life of someone you love, so please leave me a comment . Much love to you if it has.
Mel xoxo
Happy New Year! 2024!
2 years ago




Hi Melissa, I was so sad to hear that your Dad passed away so young, such a tragedy. Cancer is a disease that robs us of so many people we love. My Uncle passed away 8 years ago of lung cancer which he got from working with asbestos, he was only 57. Good luck on your relay, I hope you post some pics of the day. Hugs Dawn Marie.xx
ReplyDeletehey mel
ReplyDeletei am wishing you all the best for your relay, what A GReat cause, im sure your dad would be very proud of you :)
my dad also died from cancer- he had liver cancer which they think its related to the agent orange used in the vietnam war when he was serving over there. i only got 9 years with my dad and 5 years of them were with him sick. his dr misdiagnosed it as hepatitis and so when they realised it was in fact liver cancer it was too late for treatment :( not a day goes by that i dont think of him.
also my good friend Dee, a fellow scrapbooker died last year, she was only in her 20's and had two beautiful children. she had melanoma. i named annika after her in her middle name.
xox
Hi Mel..what a great cause to donate to.
ReplyDeleteMy BIL's brother, age 43, is fighting a battle with bowel cancer, he has 3 children aged 14, 10 and 6. Unfortunately despite so much treatment the cancer has spread and he does not have a good prognosis.
As you know my DS was diagnosed with liver cancer at 18 months old but he has been cured. :)
Mel..the link is not taking me to your page..just to a general page.
ReplyDeleteHey there sis! That's so great that you are doing the relay! Your Dad would be very proud indeed! I hope it all goes well for you!
ReplyDeleteTwo of my aunts have had breast cancer, unfortunately one lost the battle, with it turning to her bones a couple of years after remission. She was such a gorgeous and giving woman. It is such an unforgiving disease, and it certainly does not discriminate. Let's hope with all this fundraising they will find a cure soon!