Sunday, July 27, 2008

In Loving memory of a beautiful friend

The most beautiful soul anyone could know, passed away last Sunday 20th July 2008, of a suspected Heart attack at the young ole age of 55. I have known Elna for about 10 years, since we began growing Chrysanthemums.We used to sell them at our local servo in town where Elna worked and had done for years, and did so until the morning she passed away.

She was honest, fun-loving,jovial and kind hearted.I am sure that I could think of lots more words to describe her, but am finding it hard through my tears.I will always remember her calling me"LIS" as she always did whenever we saw each other.I had only spoken to hear only a couple of days before , where we were talking about how much we were looking forward to going to a mutual friends 5oth B'day party the following weekend.

Elna forever had a smile on her face and a welcoming word for everyone who walked into her work place.She will be one lady that just cannot be replaced.Too special.



Here is a poem that was spoken at her celebration of her life.

You can shed a tear,

Or you can smile because she lived.

You can close your eyes and pray she'll come back

Or you can open your eyes and see all that she's left you.

Your heart can be empty because you can't see her

Or you can be full of the love you've shared.

You can turn your back on tomorrow and live yesterday

Or you can be happy for tomorrow because of yesterday.

You can remember her and only that she's gone

Or you can cherish her memory and let it live on.

You can cry and close your mind

Be empty and turn your back

Or you can do what she'd want

Smile,open your eyes, live and go on.

Sorry about the blurry photo.It is all I have right now.

Elna , my friend, I am going to miss you heaps, but you will always be in my heart.Love you.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry about the passing of your dear friend Mel. RIP Elna.
    That poem was just so moving & lovely.

    ReplyDelete