Thought I would share a few photos of our trip away to O'Briens Creek camp ground and gem fields.It is about a 3 hour drive from the Atherton Tablelands.We had a blissful week out there and went digging every day to find the elusive BLUE TOPAZ.We found one small, very pale one.
Lots of sitting by the fire every night , gazing at the stars and eating toasted marshmallows( well mine were on fire most of the time...lol).I must admit I do feel a lot better.
As you can see, it was perfect weather.Beautiful warm days and cool nights...not freezing as we thought it would be.Luckily.
A fish was caught, let go, caught again the next day and then promptly eaten for dinner.
There was also still a fair bit of water still running in the creek which was a bonus
Beautiful sunsets...oh how I wish I had a better camera...one day.
Stevo learnt to ride his bike...what an exciting day for him, and we couldn't stop him after that.
Our campsite.
Mucking around taking some photos together.
And lastly, here are the TOPAZ( bottom right side), and GARNETS( on top left).




Love all your photos Mel, looks like a great week away and I am glad the weather was so good for you!!
ReplyDeleteYour campsite is fantastic, what a set up, no wonder you enjoy getting away from it all :)
Wow it looks like you guys had heaps of fun & way to go Steven on learning to ride your bike, well done :)
ReplyDelete