Thursday, April 10, 2008

Home from Port Douglas







Wow ...we are home already...boy does time fly when you are having fun.Early Monday morning we left for gorgeous Port Douglas about 2 hours drive north of us.Because we got down before we could get into our unit...we went and visited the beach.A bit breezy, but we all enjoyed wetting our toes in the water and feeling the sand under our feet as well.Had a picnic lunch, of Ham sandwiches and choccy cake.I completely forgot a knife, so we had to use Alan's Hunting Knife( and NO he doesn't use it for hunting though).They tasted good though.Here are just a couple of pics of our first day...and Joshuas first trip to the beach.I think he was excited as he was running around...doing lots of jumping and chattering.







As you can see, they have had a super time.The DINOSAURS even went for a dip and had a play in the sand too.LOL.
Tuesday Jus took the boys in for Breakfast with the Birds, at the RAINFOREST HABITAT.I tell you, if you ever come to North Qld, that is something to see.So many birds in one spot...the Jabirus were my absolute favourite.So BIG and majesticAnd here is a pic of the boys feeding some roos, wallabies and ducks etc..



Then , after the Habitat, we went to see the Mossman Gorge, which was about another 15 minutes drive north of Port.Absolutely Beautiful right now after all the rain we have had the past few months.The water was a bit chilly though, for me to go swimming, although, there were quite a few overseas travellers taking a dip...brrrr.


Then on Wednesday, we took the boys to the Movies in Cairns to see the Spiderwick Chronicles....and it was a great movie.I loved it.We mosied around the shops for a little while and then headed home.Was so tired after everything we had done.I even fell asleep putting Stevo to bed last night, and he complained about me snoring...but I do have an excuse....I was tired and I have a blocked nose from the sniffles.....LOL....I don't normally snore...really -I don't.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah right...... that's your story.... LOL

    Great photos Mel. Looks and sounds like you guys had a ball. Good to have you back though!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you had a fun and relaxing time Mel. Love the photo of the river. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great time you all had. Love the photos Mel.
    What's that noise I can hear.... Mel are you asleep again, LOL.

    ReplyDelete