Well, It looks like us Far North Qld'ers are cut off from the south, and we all don't know for how long.The roads are flooded north and south of Townsville, Ingham is an ocean( will show photos in a minute), and roads also cut off at Cardwell and Tully.
And by the rain we are still getting as I am typing this...it could be further north in Innisfail and Cairns as well.
Supermarkets are selling out of food, as people rush in to buy essentials, because we have been told that there may not be any trucks delivering for about a week.Bread is becoming scarce, as bakeries have no ingredients to bake it.It will all depend on what happens with the Low( which was Cyclone Ellie), which is just hovering over the top of us.They are saying it could turn into another Cyclone by the weekend.But I tell you, this rain is steady and doesn't look like it is going anywhere.
The photos I am going to show you are the town called INGHAM.Mum and I drove through only 3 and half weeks ago, to go to my Uncles funeral.We stopped there both days in the MAIN ST, to have lunch.It is now a river of water, and they are calling it an inland ocean.I really feel for the people in this town.

Here is the Main Road going through Ingham, that either goes North to Cairns, or South to Townsville..Amazing isn't it!!!!


And here is a house which luckily is a high set one, but it wouldn't take much more rain to have it lapping the second floor.
Inghams usual rainfall for the month of January/February is around 360mm, they have already had 1,380 mm.And there is a lot more coming.I just want to let you all know, we are doing OK up here, other than might need some flippers so that we can get to school and work...LOL. I can't remember a year where it has been this wet...probably when I was a child.
Take care and be back soon




WOW Mel!!
ReplyDeleteYou won't need flippers, I'm sure you have all grown webbed feet by now ;)
Stay safe!
J.xx
Wow that is just amazing to think you have had so much main, pity they couldnt send some over here instead.
ReplyDeleteHope it doesnt get any worse.
Gosh it is such a terrible situation for those residents...amazing photos thanks Mel.
ReplyDeleteoh my gosh mel, thats unbelievable. Amazing the difference in climates in the one country.
ReplyDeleteHoly moly!!! That's an incredible amount of water! I am glad to hear you are doing fine!
ReplyDeleteIt's almost unbelievable!!!
ReplyDeleteFor us over here in Perth, that much water is hard to fathom.
Keep dry & I hope you get supplies through soon.