Wednesday, December 24, 2008

It has been a very busy couple of weeks

As well as all the getting ready for Christmas and celebrations , end of school, etc..... this is what I have been doing over the past two weeks since finishing work.The boys asked me to make them a special box, so the first week I did that.Then Justine gave me a desktop calender that had been damaged a little by transit.So I made that for a good friend of mine up the road.I forgot to get a photo though.I used BG Mellow paper on it.

Then my friends two kids a girl and boy, saw my boys boxes and expressed interest.So when I was in Cairns last week I bought two more and Jus had no more instore.I just finished them on Tuesday to give to them before they left for Townsville.So here are some photos of them to share with you.

Today we went and visited the BAT HOSPITAL here in far north QLD, and it just so happens to be only 5 minutes drive out of Atherton.Justine knows the lady who runs /looks after all the bats quite well from her job as a vet.

She has hundreds of BABY flying foxes/bats in huge cages on her property.I never knew but there are four types of flying foxes.Here are some photos


Aren't they cute...and all those eyes looking at us.They ahd just had a big feed of juice.These are all half grown, so really still babies.We weren't allowed to touch them as you have to have a needle so that you won't get a virus from them if you get bitten.Here are some of the young fruitbats, that are all wrapped up and sleeping, except for a couple of NAUGHTIES as Jenny calls them.

But , these little guys we did get to hold the tiny little MICRO BATS....she had 2 albino ones which we all got to touch and hold.


This one is called MAL, and he gets grumpy when picked up, but Jenny wanted to show us the difference between him and the other microbats.Can you see how big his ears are?I wouldn't like those teeeth to sink in either.
Well, it is Christmas Eve, and I am all organised and ready for tomorrow to come.I wish all my friends a very happy day tomorrow , and hope that after the past few weeks of madness, that we can all sit down, breathe a sigh of relief and enjoy ourselves....LOT OF LOVE to you all....xxxoooo



8 comments:

  1. I don't know whether to laugh or go ewwwwww. They are kinda cute in their own weird way. The bats are kinda cute too... oh no that's mean LOL. I'M KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL I think you have a budding photographer in the family too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I LOVE that second photo of the bats where they are all hanging together looking at the camera...almost like they are posing for the photo!
    Not too keen on Mal though sorry, he looks kinda mean and very grumpy!!

    Love your boxes Mel, you have done a great job with all of them.

    Merry Christmas to you and your family Mel!
    I hope you have a wonderful day tomorrow.
    J.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmm, a bit the same mel. love the boxes, what a cool idea. dont know about the bats mate, i cant get past the vampire thing!! have a great chrissy and enjoy ur family as im sure u will

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas to you all, hope you have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Mel that last photo really makes me giggle he sure does look cross about being picked up!!

    I hope you had a lovely Christmas sweetie and enjoy your day in Cairns today

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the bat piccies Mel :) That albino one looks very cute, well, as cute as bats get!

    Your boxes are fabo, and I'm sure the boys love theirs!!

    You have been super busy sis!

    Catch ya later!,
    Leah xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cool does that place look!!!!!
    Very cute bats hey????

    ReplyDelete
  8. The boxes look fantastic Mel!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete