Saturday, August 16, 2008

I am still here....

Just been very busy with work and DT committments.I have had so much going on and not enough time to scrap.Anyone else have that same problem????

Been a cold Winter up here in Far Nth Qld in 2008.We have had a few frosts, down to 1 degree a couple of mornings.Brrr, wouldn't want to live down south for anything right now.Today has been a truly glorious day, a sniff of Spring in the air.It is so nice to not have the drizzly rain around anymore.Hopefully won't be back till next year now.

I am finding work rather stressful lately, with the full responsibilty of a young man on my shoulders.I love him dearly and his parents, but it really is mentally draining.I am going to see the rest of the years timetable out, but will be going to see the Dep Principal in the near future about next year.I would rather work Monday - Wednesday, full days , then ahve Thursday and friday off.That way if I or the boys are sick, I don't feel bad about ringing up to say I can't come in to work, as well as just having some time to myself again.I really miss that.
I finally got creating with my DT kit and here is what I did.I really love how both of them turned out.I am really loving Kaiser and Pink Paislee right now.Yum






Has anyone been watchin the Beijing Olympics.I am really enjoying watching it, and so are my two little men.Every day after school , they go straight to turn on the TV to watch it.So for about an hour or so, we all sit together on my new lounge and cheer etc.
Have been down with the flu the past few days.Am feeling better now, but still have a rather nice sexy voice.Hope you are all well.

7 comments:

  1. Sometimes it is so hard to find the time just to scrap for yourself, I do have that problem also and I get frustrated it I cant just do something.
    Hopefully your work timetable can be sorted out. I find having to work3 instead of 4 days helps me mentally and physically.
    Hope you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Melissa, thanks for leaving a comment on my blog and I'm glad I could give you a giggle. :D

    Gorgeous page. Love those pink paislee papers, they're just divine aren't they? You've pulled them off beautifully.

    Oh, and I think I recognize the photo on your banner...but can't quite remember where it is...is it Malanda or somewhere there? I used to live in Townsville so have done a few trips through that region and it looks quite familiar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mel, thanks for dropping in at my blog. I can totally relate to how busy you are... between work and DT commitments sometimes it's hard to find time just to scrap for yourself without a deadline or an agenda. I love your mini album, great job. And those Pink Paislee pp are gorgeous, need to get some more of them myself I think. Hope you can sort out the work schedule and grab some sanity back. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful layout and I love your pirate album, simply stunning Melissa.

    Carole xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mel,
    Just love the layout with you and Jus - something special!!! Also the album for Grub is stunning - as I always say 'this is a lady who thought 'Scrapping' was pretty boring - and she didn't have a creative bone in her body - HELLALUYA!!!!! Keep em coming!
    Love Mum.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this LO so much Mel. You combo of PP & embellies is perfection. Not many weeks now until holidays again, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mel, you're doing great :) I hear ya though! Pretty tough going with everything that's going on for you right now. I hope it gets better soon, and you get back into your groove!

    PS LOOOOOOVE that pirate album and your sister LO is VERY SPESH!!

    Lots of love and big hugs, Leah :)

    ReplyDelete