Monday, April 5, 2010

Finally updating my blog

I am embarrassed to say I have been neglecting my little blog of late, but this will make up for it, so be ready for a rather long post, as I have quite a bit to share.
Firstly the Easter Bunny visited yesterday, and left the boys some Choccy.I also was inspired by Mandy over at Scrap Therapy to decorate our family dining table ready for Brekky the next morning.It isn't too flash this year, but next year will definitely be more organised.
So I used my Hula skirt from last years RELAY FOR LIFE and cut it up and made a nest in the middle of the table.It looked quite good and the boys loved it...said it was the best Easter ever!!!
Now onto some creating, here are a bunch of cards I have been doing over the past week.I have been getting people at work interested in buying my cards, so am trying to get a good sized stash together before I go back next week.






This was just a LO I did using the new Cosmo papers..I had these three photos of Steve and wanted to journal about what I wish for him through his life journey.
These next two LO's are for a couple of challenges in last months CC over at SCRAP THERAPY .The one below WALKING with DINOSAURS...i won .It was a sketch challenge and you had to use mostly green with a dash of another colour.I also recycled cardboard on it to make the grass and clouds.



The LO above was created using a photo for inspiration and use embossing on it.I had to scrap this photo, as it is my very favourite place to go camping.I always feel happy and relaxed out there.
Ok ..Congrats if you made it through all that, and I promise to try and update more often from now on.Thanks for visiting, and please say Hi...I love to know you have been visiting me xx Mel

12 comments:

  1. Lots of cards there chickieYou have been busy!
    Beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Melissa, love that Easter Table set up like that - I will have to do that next year too.

    LOVE the cards - just love all the different types and how pretty they are and how wonderful people at work are buying them - very cool!

    Loving the layouts, they really show off the great pics and I just love your photos of your kids and the journalling.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That easter nest idea is so cool, I must try that next year! Love the cards Mel, especially the sweetie pie and the Little Bird ones. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You've been a busy girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. mel you have done an amazing job of those cards! i love each and every single one of them!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow what a busy beaver you have been Melissa. Some very beautiful cards & LO's hun, just gorgeous. Love how you rigged the tanle out, bet the kids loved it. Glad you had a great Easter. Hugs Clare xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those chocolate eggs and what a clever idea to decorate the table.
    Your cards are fabulous and hope you can sell them all in the 1st week back.
    Enjoy the rest of the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous cards!! And I just love the dinosaur layout too - so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Mel,
    Catching up on my blog visiting as I've been away.
    Love all those cards, good on you for selling them, a little pocket money is always great :)
    Great LOs too...I love the dinosaur one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Mel, thanks for your visits and nice comments on my blog - I've been waiting for you to update here!! Sounds like a wonderful Easter with the boys.
    Loving your cards and how cool that you've got some buyers too. Congrats on your CC win - that dinosaur LO is fabulous!! and OMG it's green AND a mono... are you channelling me?? LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey there Mel!!
    Love your pics and those cards are fabulous!!!
    Dinosaur LO is adorable!!!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW! Love the cards, love the layouts (esp. that Dinosaur one) and your Easter table looks absolutely amazing! No wonder the boys loved it! Totally inspirational sis, I just wish I had some enthusiasm to scrap lately! Sending hugs your way. Missing your company & your sunny personality heaps, just haven't had much time online lately :)

    ReplyDelete