Thursday, August 6, 2009

A card and a LO and some sad news

For this card, I made it to the specifications from the Magnolia Down Under challenge, where you had to make a Christmas card, but not use a christmas stamp. I missed uploading by the deadline, but thought I would show her off.I am still perfecting the colouring of the skin though.She needs some more colour on her cheeks.

This LO was inspired by a sketch from Maree at Scrap-pile last weekend. I chose Sketch 10 from the gallery and this is my take on it. Used the new Cosmo Cricket paper, and embellies. So love Cosmo's stuff. Can't wait to see their Earth Love range too.

And some sad news this morning, my Mother-in -Law passed away in the wee hours after suffering her third stroke in as many weeks.Even though we are all saddened, in our hearts we now know she is at peace and not in any pain and won't suffer any more. This is my third funeral this year for people close to me and I dearly hope there aren't any more for a long time to come.

I have a sickly household at the moment, much like many other people in Aus right now.I first thought William may have had Swine Flu, but am happy to say, he is feeling better temperature wise, just got a dreadful cough, icky throat and sore eyes.Am taking tomorrow off work to be on the safe side, as I don't want to be passing anything around at work/school.
Hope you are all well though..take care xxoo Mel

14 comments:

  1. Such a cute stamp! The card looks fab.

    Gotta love those CC papers too. The layout looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work, Mel! Love that card! Love how you've used the bench image too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about your MIL. Big hugs, and to Al and his family too! Take care, sweetie! So glad William is feeling better too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Take care Mel, hope things improve for you soon. Sorry to hear about our MIL, it must be a hard time for your family.
    Keeping you in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic work Mel, and so sorry for your loss. At least she is at peace now.
    Hope Williams gets better soon. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry for your loss Mel. Your family really have had a lot of sadness this year. Praying that the next few months are filled with happy times. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  7. so sorry to hear about your loss mel :( thinking of you and hope you are doing okay xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh so sorry to hear about your MIL Melissa but yes she should be at peace now. {{hugs}}

    Love your layout - simple but classy - just love it.

    Fab card - you really know how to use those stamped images don't you!

    Have a great weekend and see you at "The Boutique"!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mel, It was lovely chatting with you yesterday thinking of you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry to hear about the passing of your MIL; she is now free from pain, may she rest in peace. I am keeping all of you in my thoughts and prayers, you really need some good health and happiness now. Hope all is going smoothly for your holiday plans and you can take a well-earned break soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the page mel, it has a real whimsical feel to it. its gorgeous and so is ur card and the colouring is gorgeous.
    I'm sorry to hear about ur mil. sending my love to u and ur boys xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mel you have so much going on in your life right now...just sending you hugs.

    That's a gorgeous layout by the way too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Mel,
    So sorry to hear your news. My mum (aged 93) has passed away recently and I know the comfort of knowing that she is at peace. However memories are wonderful things and I'm sure you will have many happy ones.
    Thinking of you,
    Hugs,
    Fiona x

    ps The card is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thinking of you in your time of loss sweetie!!! Sending hugs your way!

    ReplyDelete